Saturday, April 5, 2025
More
    HomeTelanganaHyderabad Metro Rail Controversy: N.V.S. Reddy's Remarks on Losses Raise Government Alarms

    Hyderabad Metro Rail Controversy: N.V.S. Reddy’s Remarks on Losses Raise Government Alarms

    Related stories

    Government preparing strong case in land dispute

    Hyderabad: The Supreme Court has stopped the cutting of...

    Heavy rain hits Hyderabad, lowers temperature

    Hyderabad: The Indian Meteorological Department has forecasted continuous rain...

    BJP Calls for Restoration of Historic Bakkamma Bavi and Temple in Aija

    Gadwal: BJP leaders, led by Mandal BJP President Gopalakrishna,...

    District Collector Orders Improvements to Government Hospital for Better Healthcare Services

    Gadwal: District Collector B.M. Santosh has asked government hospital...
    -Advertisement-

    N.V.S. Reddy, the Managing Director of Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL), has made statements that have upset senior government officials. Reddy has been leading the metro project for over 15 years, but now officials are considering replacing him.

    In his comments, Reddy said that L&T, the company running the Hyderabad Metro, is losing Rs 1,300 crore every year. Over time, this has led to a total loss of Rs 6,000 crore. He also mentioned that banks are not willing to lend money for the expansion of the Metro.

    - Advertisement -

    These remarks came at a critical time when the state government, led by Revanth Reddy, was preparing to launch the second and third phases of the Metro project. These next phases are expected to cost Rs 25,000 crore.

    A senior government official described Reddy’s comments as “shocking and unnecessary.” The official said that the project had already received approval and that the government was working hard to secure funding. The official also stated that Reddy should avoid speaking negatively about the project.

    - Advertisement -
    Also read:  Ganja-infused kulfis and sweets seized in Dhoolpet

    There have been reports suggesting that L&T is considering leaving the project due to the financial losses. Some of these losses were caused by delays after the state was divided. Former Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao had delayed the project by demanding changes to its route but later approved the original plan.

    An official mentioned that L&T struggled to make money from the land it received as part of the project. This was partly because the company lacked experience in real estate development.

    - Advertisement -
    Rajesh M
    Rajesh Mhttps://www.telanganatribune.com
    Latest News from Hyderabad, Telangana, India & World!

    Follow us

    3,565FansLike
    179FollowersFollow
    1,202FollowersFollow
    965SubscribersSubscribe

    Contribute News

    You can contribute an article to Telangana Tribune by dropping a mail at newsdesk@telanganatribune.com

    Latest stories

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here