Friday, April 4, 2025
More
    HomeHyderabadHarish Rao Refutes Ponnam’s Claims on Yellampally Project

    Harish Rao Refutes Ponnam’s Claims on Yellampally Project

    Related stories

    Government preparing strong case in land dispute

    Hyderabad: The Supreme Court has stopped the cutting of...

    Heavy rain hits Hyderabad, lowers temperature

    Hyderabad: The Indian Meteorological Department has forecasted continuous rain...

    BJP Calls for Restoration of Historic Bakkamma Bavi and Temple in Aija

    Gadwal: BJP leaders, led by Mandal BJP President Gopalakrishna,...

    District Collector Orders Improvements to Government Hospital for Better Healthcare Services

    Gadwal: District Collector B.M. Santosh has asked government hospital...
    -Advertisement-

    Hyderabad: Senior BRS leader T Harish Rao stated on Sunday that the BRS government completed the Yellampally project, which had been neglected by previous Congress governments. He responded to claims made by Minister Ponnam Prabhakar, who said that the Congress had completed the project.

    Rao explained that important parts of the project were left unfinished by the Congress, such as land acquisition and the construction of a high-level bridge between Karimnagar and Mancherial on the Rajiv Rahadari road. He pointed out that when the water level reaches 144 meters, the low-level bridge gets submerged, causing traffic problems.

    - Advertisement -

    Although the Yellampally barrage was technically completed during the Congress rule, Rao said it was not functional because it couldn’t store any water. He emphasized that the BRS government raised the project height to 148 meters, allowing it to store 20 tmcft of water. “All these improvements happened during the BRS regime, but the minister refuses to acknowledge it,” Rao remarked, adding that the people of Karimnagar are well aware of the facts.

    Also read:  Hyderabad Residents Encouraged to Help Map Urban Wildlife in WWF-India’s Tree Survey

    Furthermore, Rao mentioned that Irrigation Minister N Uttam Kumar Reddy had informed the Assembly that over 20 lakh acres of land were being irrigated through the Kaleshwaram project. Rao challenged Ponnam to clarify his stance, warning that if this information was found to be false, a privilege motion would be brought against Reddy for misleading the Assembly.

    - Advertisement -

    Follow us

    3,565FansLike
    179FollowersFollow
    1,202FollowersFollow
    965SubscribersSubscribe

    Contribute News

    You can contribute an article to Telangana Tribune by dropping a mail at newsdesk@telanganatribune.com

    Latest stories

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here